Here is the most easy-to-follow blog building tutorial for beginners with the updated information in 2018. No matter what types of blog you are going to build, the article will provide you with the most basic and fundamental guidelines to start. The expanded features will also be introduced for those who want to power your blog with more advanced functions.
(1) Choosing blog platform
There are multiple choices of blogging platform available for your choice. Actually, they are platform for website in general. Because blog is one of the most simple category so all platforms can be used to build blog. However, to keep it simple for you to establish and manage, it is advised to choose the simple one – It is WordPress. According to Pingdom, 48% top blogs are using WordPress.
You also have another choices, such as Tumblr, Joomla, Drupal, Blog Smith. But WordPress is well-known for its blog-friendly feature.
- Easy to start
- Many free theme & plugins for blog, such as social integration, comment, contact form, etc.
- And of course, the platform is free.
(2) Choosing website hosting and domain
Next you have to choose a domain and hosting to make your blog online and accessible from the Internet. First, buy a domain from domain seller, such as NameCheap, GoDaddy or Names, etc. After getting website address name, you need to rent a spot of land in the Internet to host the house. Similar to blog platform, there exists various website hosting choice, depending on your demand about disk space, speed and security. For simple blog post, you can also choose a Free Hosting Service to host your website. VPSTrust has this offer for you: Free WordPress Hosting Service with 100MB SSD, 2 GB monthly bandwidth, 01 email account. Your blog website can run well with the capacity. When you want to upgrade, premium plan is available with dedicated support for upgrade jobs.
VPSTRUST WORDPRESS HOSTING
(3) Design your blog post
Basing on the theme you get from WordPress.com, you can configure and customize it according to your required layout. You also can buy theme from marketplace such as Creative Market, ThemeForest or specific WordPress theme providers if you want more stunning website appearance.
Plugins also need to be installed to add more function for your website. Hereafter are common plugins for a blog:
- WordPress SEO: for those who want to acquire top position in search engine result page.
- Comment: It allows readers to comment on your blog. It is a good way to you to communicate and engage with blog visitors.
- Contact Form: For the purpose of collecting subscribers or contact with user via email.
- Social integration: It has become a compulsory plugin in this social era, where people read news & approach blogs via Facebook or Twitter. The plugin helps you get social share and more website traffic.
There would be many and many other plugins in WordPress market to serve for any of your demand. Just base on what you need to customize your website to choose it from the marketplace.
If you want to build a more professional WordPress website from scratch, please drop us a line to get consultation from our Website Solution Offshore service.